Saturday, August 26, 2017

Marble Painting!

I've seen this art project floating around Pinterest for awhile and we finally got around to making it! 

This is a super easy and fun art project perfect for any age really! I helped my 18 month old shake the pan and he was loving it! 

The only thing that was tricky about this project was hunting down some marbles! With so many littles in our house I'm anti marbles so we don't have any around. And I didn't want to go buy any just to end up throwing out so I had to think something up! 


Well, we love board games and we have a ton so I looked through some and found hungry hungry hippo which has marble like balls! It was stacked at the very top of the game shelf where it's safe from tiny hands. Well that worked great! So no worries if you have no marbles around the house.. there's bound to be something similar you can use!

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

- Pan (we used round cake pans)
- White paper cut to the size of the pan to fit inside
- Paint
- Marbles

DIRECTIONS:

Step 1: First, I traced the pan onto the paper to make sure the piece would fit into the pan. Then placed the paper inside. It should fit snugly.

Step 2: Then I helped plop the paint onto their papers and gave them each a marble. We ended up using 3 marbles per pan in the end!


Step 3: Then it was time for the boys to start shaking the pan to make their marbles MOVE!


Oh these boys had SO much fun making their marbles roll across the pan fast and slow and straight and in a circle motion! And they were SO proud of their beautiful creations which makes it all worth it!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment