Monday, August 21, 2017

Coffee Filter Art!

I have a secret. I'm a HUGE fan of tie dye shirts! I just LOVE all the cool color mixtures going on with them! I mean c'mon.. they're just so dang fun to look at! Sooo tie dye shirts are definitely on the "to make" list for us, but for now, we made a mini tie dye project using... coffee filters and markers!


These are so fast and easy to make and your kids aren't going to want to stop making them! My boys LOVED this art project!

Here's all you need to make these awesome tie dye coffee filters:

- Coffee Filters
- Washable Markers
- Spray Bottle (filled with water)

Directions:

Step 1: I gave each one of my kids a single coffee filter and had them fold it in fourths.

Step 2: Then the boys decorated their filters with dots and streaks and squiggles with different colored markers. (It is important to have them press down and make slow strokes with the markers so that the ink really seeps in). 


My 4 year old loved that he was allowed to make dots with the markers! He loves dotting and usually we try NOT to since that ruins the tips, so this was a HUGE deal to him!

Step 3: Next, the boys each sprayed a few squirts onto their filters and watched the magic happen! They LOVED seeing the colors swirl around and bump right into each other


Step 4: Next, we carefully unfolded the filters and saw the amazing art work they created!


So beautiful, right?! This is definitely an art project we'll be doing again!

No comments :

Post a Comment