Friday, August 18, 2017

Egg in a Bottle!

My boys love eating hard boiled eggs, like LOVE them! It's their favorite go to snack! So today I surprised them with this EGG-CITING Science Experiment! 


Here's what you'll need:

- Hard boiled egg, peeled
- Clear glass bottle
- Paper
- Lighter

Directions:

Step 1: We first chose a few of our home grown chicken eggs and boiled them. Once cooked and cooled, we peeled them.


Step 2: I next lite the folded piece a paper and carefully placed it in the glass bottle. (Be careful that the kiddos don't get too close to the fire during this part)

Step 3: I then set the egg on top of the bottle. (The paper will burn itself out). 


The boys and I watched as the egg squeezed its way through the opening of the bottle then finally PLOPS to the bottom!


It was really cool to watch! We only tried this a couple times because my boys wanted to eat the rest of the hard boiled eggs. So it worked out great... a science experiment AND a snack! 

No comments :

Post a Comment