Sunday, April 30, 2017

Paper Plate Sunflowers

I believe you can never have enough flowers in your home, and that includes adorable kid crafted flowers!


These were really so fun to make and we whipped out three in no time! Painting was the boys favorite part but a close second was gluing on the sunflower seeds! When I popped one in my mouth the boys looked at me like I was coo coo, and then I realized.. yes that probably does seem odd since they have never tried a sunflower seed before! And when I gave them one to try they quickly spit it out followed by a total disgusted face! Ha, kids are funny! 

So here's what you'll need to make these happy little sunflowers!

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

- Paper Plate
- Green Straw
- Green Construction Paper
- Glue
- Scissors
- Paint
- Sunflower Seeds
- Hot Glue Gun (optional)


Step 1: Begin by handing your child a paper Plate and scissors and have them cut V shapes all around the plate for the petals.


Step 2: Once done cutting, they can start painting their paper flowers! Let the paint dry completely before moving on.


Step 3: Now it's time to glue on the seeds! 


Step 4: For the finishing touches, we glued on a straw and cutout paper for the stem and petals.


And that's it! You've got more happy, beautiful flowers to place around the house! 

No comments :

Post a Comment