Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Sponge Painting

I love sponge painting! OK, I admit it... I love painting with anything and everything! Painting is by far the boys and my favorite pastime activity! 


I decided to jazz things up a bit and handed the boys sponges to paint with instead of a paintbrush. And I'm sure they thought I was nuts when I started cutting up the sponges, but they soon figured out how much fun painting with sponges can be!
This is such a fun and simple process art activity for the littles. I just love watching their little creative minds at work!

SUPPLIES NEEDED:

- Sponges
- Construction Paper
- Crayola Kid Paints

Have your kids help pour out some paint onto a paper plate and hand them each some paper and sponges and have them go to town!



The boys tried lots of different techniques and had fun with all of them!


My 5 year old painted this rainbow and decided it needed some sprinkles of salt on top! It looked awesome!


The finished masterpieces! Sponge Painting was a hit with my boys! So give it a go with your kids, they will love it!

No comments :

Post a Comment