Sunday, February 19, 2017

Balloon Science Baking Soda Experiment!

All 3 of my boys and the hubby have birthdays within a month of each other... I know crazy right?! So we have had a galore of parties over here lately with loads of balloons! Woohoo we love balloons! Seeing all the balloons around the house made me wonder what cool things could we make with balloons and then I found this!... 


Using baking soda and vinegar to inflate a balloon is one of the coolest things for toddlers to see! And for moms too ;) Plus you don't need much to make this!

To make this science experiment all you need is:

- Baking Soda
- Vinegar
- Funnels
- Empty Water Bottle
- Balloons

STEP 1: Place funnel on top of the empty water bottle and pour in vinegar to fill bottle up 1/3 of the way.


STEP 2: Now take a funnel and place balloon opening over funnel to help the baking soda go in easier. Fill balloon half way with baking soda.


STEP 3: Place the opening of the balloon around the opening of the bottle. Be careful to not let any baking soda fall into bottle as you do this.

STEP 4: When ready, gently lift the balloon to allow the baking soda to fall into bottle.
And watch what happens!!


Keep watching!


Isn't that the coolest?! We sure thought it was! In fact, my boys somehow talked me into filling up a few more balloons.... till we ran out of vinegar! Haha! 



We had a lot of fun with this experiment! And if you try this on your own I'd love to hear how it went so feel free to leave me a comment!

No comments :

Post a Comment