Sunday, February 26, 2017

2 Ingredient Homemade Play-Doh

Play-Doh is the perfect winter day activity when it's just too freezing to play outside. We love making our own play-Doh in our kitchen and the boys will play with it for hours! We have made a few different kinds of dough but this is by far the easiest recipe, so of course it's a favorite of mine! Plus, this homemade Play-Doh smells delicious and is so much softer and easier to mold than the store-bought stuff! 


There is a surprise ingredient to this recipe that you wouldn't think to add to Play-Doh but it's what makes the dough smell so yummy and will make your hands feel so silky smooth! And that ingredient is..... hair conditioner! Yes, you heard right, hair conditioner. Crazy huh?! I've got you interested in the recipe now don't I?!

Here's all you'll need to make this easy-peasy Play-Doh recipe:

- cornstarch
- hair conditioner (doesn't need to be the high quality conditioner, dollar store kind works great)
(That's it!)

Now for the directions.

STEP 1. Scoop 2 cups cornstarch into medium size mixing bowl.
STEP 2: Mix in 1 cup conditioner with your hands. It will start to come together and it will be pliable and very, smooth.


STEP 3: This part is optional but I included it since most of us already have food coloring in our pantry, so why not use it! A few drops can transform plain dough into a fun vibrant dough! 
I always let me boys choose the color they want to put in. The dough started off as a very lovely coral color when we just added some red food coloring. I guess that wasn't crazy enough for the boys because they decided to add yellow, blue and green into the mix. 
So now the dough is a lovely poop color! Ha!


STEP 4: Now knead the dough until the food coloring is thoroughly mixed. This is part is super messy! I didn't use gloves (like I should have) so I stained my hands and the stain wouldn't wash off for a couple days! I had rainbow colored hands for sure and the boys just thought that was hilarious!
So if you don’t want to stain your hands, use gloves! Also, make sure to put something down so you don’t stain your counter.


That's it! Now your kids can entertain themselves for an hour or so inside on a cold day. Oh and doesn't, this recipe smell delish!  I love these recipes that are so quick and easy and use things I already have in my pantry!

To keep freshness, just place Play-Doh in ziplock bag when your kiddos are done playing.

So go ahead, make this simple homemade play-Doh! You won't regret it! 

No comments :

Post a Comment