Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Easter Egg Hunt Painting- Crayon Resist Activity

Oh Spring how I LOVE you! Spring may just be my favorite season since it's such a beautiful time of the year AND my birthday is in April! So ofcourse I was born to love it!!
Well, Easter is almost here and the weather is slowly getting warmer where we live and that makes this momma very happy! Hooray for sunshine and warmth! Ok, now on to our super easy and fun art activity!

I decided to try out an Easter Egg Hunt on paper using crayon resist and the kids LOVED it!! They kept asking me to make more! I love those kind of activities they truly enjoy doing!

Water color resist with crayons is so fun and a classic art activity you probably remember doing when you were young!


SUPPLIES NEEDED:

- Watercolor paper or plain printer paper
- Water Color Paints
- Paint Brushs
- White Crayons

STEP 1: I began by drawing easter eggs all over the watercolor paper. I even got sneaky and drew little bunny rabbits as an extra hidden treasures on each paper!

STEP 2: I prepared all the watercolor paints into little containers and placed a paint brush in each then invited the boys in to do an easter egg hunt on their papers!


Oh boy were they excited when the eggs started appearing on their papers!



So fun and they turned out beautiful!

This activity is a good one to show kids how different things react with water color! I will definitely be adding this activity to a list of their favorites!

No comments :

Post a Comment