Thursday, October 19, 2017

Grab a Spider Fine Motor Activity

Halloween is quickly approaching and we are definitely all excited about it over here! My 5 year old asked me the other day what I was going to be this year for Halloween and it just made me so HAPPY! So Happy that he asked and wanted to know. So Happy that he knows I WILL most definitely dress up for Halloween. And so Happy that even though I'm a mom to 3 busy youngsters and I feel tired every... single... day, I always try to not miss a chance to play and be a kid with my boys! They are only young for such a short time and won't always care if I play with them or dress up for Halloween! So with that being said, you all will find out in a couple weeks what I will be dressing up as!

Todays activity is Halloween themed (YAY) and a real fun and simple one to make!


SUPPLIES NEEDED:

- Yarn
- Small Dollar Store Basket
- Kitchen Tongs (or something similar to grab the spiders)
- Real Spiders... KIDDING! Gross! Plastic Spiders (also found at the Dollar Store)


DIRECTIONS:

STEP 1: We began by weaving the yarn in and around the basket to make a "web". Once the weaving is at your desired look them cut and tie off the yarn.

STEP 2: We then dumped the spiders in and the boys took turns grabbing and picking out the spiders. My 4 year old tried real hard not to touch the yarn with the tongs. It was really cute watching him to concentrate on that!


This was such a quick and easy activity to set up for the kids but kept them busy and giggling for a good while!

No comments :

Post a Comment